I would like to start with this beautiful quote:
Change is hard at first, messy in the middle and gorgeous at the end.
This is what is going to happen in upcoming years. This world is going to be ruled by this virtual tech very soon. Technology is something that uses knowledge and skills to produce goods and services and also keep enhancing its features time to time. Centauries have witnessed how technology has played a significant role in changing human life. Starting from the Stone Age, today, we have reached the 21st century where we are talking about practical things. And why not! After all, the human is the most intelligent creature on this Earth that has produced many incredible technologies that have stepped our lives to a different level.
Our surrounding is full of technologies today. Moreover, they are being shrunk in size while augmenting in other advantageous fields such as its broad applications, services, output, etc. For example- Computers, when started, were used to be based on CRT technology but now it has reached the level where it has become mobile. Now it has been replaced by laptops and even palmtops. Microprocessor chips have taken the form of Nano-technology.
Similarly, we have come across a new concept of seeing the world, i.e., VIRTUAL REALITY from last more than a half century. This tech has made it possible for a human to explore a different world which is very similar to our real world. Not only this but also it has become so much popular among us that we have to think what it would be like to have a virtual world being accessed by every person in next thirty years. At present, VR has already found its application in almost every field of gaming, entertainment, medical, journalism, education, space and many more. The interesting thing to know is that what it will be and what form it will take in next coming thirty years.
After many pieces of research and data analysis of human experiences regarding VR tech, we have collected few possibilities that how virtual reality would affect our surrounding, our daily lives, and our experiences. So, here we have listed the ways in which Virtual reality might be seen in coming next thirty years. Have a look!
Virtual Reality in Entertainment
In today’s hectic lives one thing everyone searches is for mental refreshment which is achieved through entertainment. It is one thing every generation likes to have. One entertains oneself through various activities such as playing video games, by watching movies or some other means. But how it would be like considering yourself via something that fully immerses you into a new 3-D world where you can explore practical things very similar to the real ones. Yes, you read it right! In upcoming years you will be surprised by the fact that your flat-screen television that represents a means of entertainment for you right now, but by 2050, it will seem outdated. In 2050, you’ll likely demand that your enjoyment not is contained by the screen but via virtual reality.
VR tech will make communication faster and more reliable.
Yes! With this technology, we will be able to meet up with friends and family around the world in a more reliable environment. Your children will be able to interact with their friends by inviting them into the living room to dance around. Also, long-distance relationships will become a little more manageable because of virtual visits, and even business meetings could be arranged through it.
Robots will be our new servants by 2050.
It might be possible that by 2050, robots will be conducting surgeries or piloting our airplanes. They could be doing search and rescue missions or fighting in wars. Roboticists predict that by 2050, we could see Robots vs. Humans in the contest for the World Cup. Robots and VR will all become familiar household additions, acquiring everyday jobs and providing endless entertainment. Tomorrow’s generation will spend less time cooking and cleaning, but more time socializing with their full-resolution life-sized 3D friends, who are only virtually present.
It will replace high street shopping.
The present-day offline as well online shopping will be replaced by the Virtual Technology. Instead of going to markets and malls people will make all their purchases from home, trying on clothes in virtual reality changing rooms and getting advice from AI (artificial intelligence) shop.
5. Dream controllers:
Through VR tech it might be possible that we could have dream controllers that will inform us what happens when we drift off to sleep. It means that we would be able even to discover our dreams when we are slept or in our subconscious state of mind.
6. 3D VR enhanced shopping:
Also, e-marketing will become much easy as online deliveries will be dropped into the back garden by flying robot drones instead of manual labor. Many experts have written that in future shopping will be considered as the “fourth industrial revolution” – a merging of physical, digital and biological technologies – on shopping. By 2050, today’s generation will spend less time cooking and cleaning, but more time socializing themselves with their full-resolution life-sized 3D friends, who will be only virtually present.
7. It has also been predicted that by 2050, we may even have “smart clothes” in our wardrobes.
8. It is also possible that by next thirty years a virtual reality mirror could be hanging on your wall, enabling you to ‘try’ clothes without even changing them. Moreover, Virtual bedroom decor might also exist which means that you can have a change in a heartbeat of time.
9. By 2050, ‘smart fabrics’ will have the ability to change appearance, colors, patterns, and textures all in a short span of time.
10. We can have good news for weak eyesight persons also who wear eyeglasses. For them, it might be possible that virtual sight contact lenses be available for them. And even by wearing them in the home they would be allowed to change their décor frequently.
11. It might be possible that our beds in the bedrooms by 2050 will be able to adjust fabric textures, rigidity, and temperature for a personalized, well-rested night’s sleep.
12. Virtual reality TV will replace the so-called bulk and outdated flat screens. It means that in coming years you’ll ‘not just watch TV rather than will experience it by getting fully immersed in its 3-D effects, audio and visuals effects.
13. It might also be possible that Artificial Intelligence assistants will know your interests and tastes better than you do and will pre-empt purchases. For instance, shortly before a seaside holiday, they might show you a range of swimwear.
14. By 2050 you might also be attending VR concerts, read interactive books and can also be able to chat with home AI or robots.
After various researchers, it has been concluded that the average consumer has a lot of expectations from VR and AR, based on their experience of using powerful smartphones. At the same time, it is also believed that price is one of the critical factors and may act as a hurdle in future popularity of VR. But we have also seen how expensive devices like the iPhone and Android have quickly gained hoards of buyers around the world in a relatively short period then why not AR and VR devices! It is hoped that once VR becomes popular, manufacturing processes and the resulting economies of scale would kick in, reducing device cost considerably.
The most important factor that will decide the future of VR is immersion. It will ultimately revolutionize the way people experience the world in coming years. Oculus, Valve, and others realize this and are working hard to create fully immersive experiences.