Shaving is an annoying task that most men put off.
We all know that shaving with a regular razor can be painful, time-consuming, and expensive. It’s also hard to find the best electric shaver for your skin type.
Electric shaving, also known as dry shaving or using a dry shaver is not so popular nowadays because of its numerous benefits. It’s relatively more affordable than traditional wet shaving. With good care, an electric shaver can last up to 7-10 years without losing its sharpness.
If you are still not convinced that why electric shaving is good for men, then the answer might be the fear of getting nicks and cuts. To some extent, it’s true because wet shaving results in more skin irritation as compared to dry shaving.
Using a quality electric shaver with sharp blades can give a smoother shave without causing any harm to the skin.
Top 5 Best shaving cream for the wet electric shaver
Several popular brands offer high-quality pre-shave moisturizers, original glycerin or aloe vera-based shaving gel, natural ingredients-based shaving cream, cooling gels, and anti-inflammatory shaving creams to give soothing effects during wet shaving.
Here is a detailed review of the top five products that you should consider buying if you are planning to use the shaving cream with electric shavers.
The Art of Shaving Unscented Shaving Cream for Men
Are you looking for an unscented shaving cream that can give you a soothing effect during a wet shave?
The Art of Shaving is one of the best brands to consider if you are looking for moisturizing shaving cream. This brand boasts of providing an effective solution to its customers.
This is a non-foaming shaving cream that gives rich lather to the face. It helps in softening the beard for a smooth shave without causing any skin irritation or razor bumps.
The Art of Shaving Unscented shaving cream contains natural ingredients like coconut oil, glycerin, and essential oils which are known for their therapeutic and healing properties.
Formulated with a unique blend of conditioning agents and emollients, this non-foaming cream helps prevent nicks and cuts while providing an exceptionally smooth shave. The result? A comfortable, close shave every time! Plus, it’s ideal for use on sensitive skin.
Feature to Benefit
• Get a smooth and close shave.
• Protect against irritation and razor burn
• Smells and feels like nothing at all.
• Customize With Your Own Decoration.
• Scent Free and Sensitive Skin Friendly: Clinically Tested for Irritation and Razor Burn Protection.
• Mama’s got a brand new baby boy! Congratulations on your little bundle of joy.
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream Bowl
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream Bowl is a luxurious shaving cream that softens the beard and provides an excellent lubricant. It has been formulated to protect your skin from irritation and razor burn, leaving it feeling cool and refreshed after every shave. The rich lather will ensure you have a smooth glide with your razor for a perfect finish.
Scented with sandalwood oil, this Taylor of Old Bond Street Shaving Cream Bowl is ideal for men who want to feel pampered without spending hours in the bathroom. Its classic fragrance is masculine and intense!
The luxurious formula provides excellent protection and comfort during shaving. The result is a smooth, close shave with no nicks or cuts.
Feature to Benefit
• It’s a great kind of shave with no burns.
• Get 10x closer, fewer cuts and nicks with our patented blades.
• Be like your favorite sports star (i.e. Michael Jordan) who also uses this product.
• Tones down acne while getting you a better shave.
• The classic fragrance for successful men
• Durable so you can keep it in your cabinet or drawer (12 months recommended)
Shaving Cream for Men by Bevel – Vitamin E & Aloe-Vera-Based Moisturizing Shave Cream
Spruce up your shave routine with this shaving cream from Bevel.
This formula is an all-in-one solution that you can rely on to keep your skin hydrated and nourished. This lightweight cream has been formulated with a unique blend of natural ingredients like Vitamin E, Aloe Vera, and Shea butter which offer optimal moisture and hydration. It is a non-foaming, glycerin-based formula that softens your beard for a close shave.
The Bevel Shave Cream is a nourishing shave cream that creates a barrier that allows your razor to cut at skin level, not below it. The result is a close, comfortable shave with no irritation.
This product was designed for men of color who are looking for an alternative to the shaving products they have been using. It’s sulfate-free and has essential oils that help moisturize the skin while you shave.
The Bevel shaving cream for men is a rich, thick lather that provides a smooth and effortless shave. The Bevel shaving cream for men works with the Bevel Safety Razor to give you an experience free of nicks and cuts. This product comes in a 2 oz tube.
Feature to Benefit
• Smooth for a closer, more comfortable shave.
• Helps even skin tone.
• Alleviates ingrown hairs through moisturizer.
- Lathers to provide cushioning so you can get everything done in one pass.
Mennen Afta Pre-Electric Shave Lotion, 3 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Mennen’s Afta line has been dermatologist tested to provide unsurpassed shaving performance. This alcohol-free formula is designed for sensitive skin and tames even the toughest beard. This lotion is easy to apply and leaves your skin smooth. It is an excellent choice for both men and women who want a close, comfortable shave.
Mennen Skin Bracer Shaving Cream is a non-greasy, oil-free formula that helps reduce skin irritation from shaving. It doesn’t clog the razor and it’s easy to apply, not runny or messy.
Feature to Benefit
• Reduce skin irritation from shaving.
• Helps blades glide more smoothly over the skin.
• Easier to apply, with a thick gel formula that won’t clog your razor.
• Protects against nicks and cuts.
Pre Shave After Shave Lotion Cream Best For Electric Close Shave Balm Freelette (ONE PACK)
The electric shave is the best method to get a smooth and safe shave for your sensitive skin. It’s quick and easy as it can be done in under 5 minutes easily. But, this electric shaving requires special treatment after the shaving regimen.
Freelette is an electric preshave and aftershave solution lotion for a superior-close smooth shave. It is a 3 in 1 product that replaces: Shaving foams, soaps, Manual razors Aftershaves, creams, or gel.
Freelette has been designed to be used with any razor. The absence of foam means no mess on the bathroom mirror or sink. It will not clog your razor as shaving cream can do! Freelette has been specially formulated to allow you to shave faster by reducing the time it takes for you to prepare your face for shaving.
Freelette is a new shaving cream with a unique formula. It contains Bisabolol, a natural extract from the papaya fruit, and Saw Palmetto extract, which helps to soothe the skin and reduces inflammation. Freelette also has high levels of glycerin, which moisturizes the skin. The result is that your skin will be protected against dryness and irritation caused by shaving.
Feature to Benefit
• Easily accessible to men in all stages of life
• All natural ingredients with no side effects
• Helps reduce the appearance of skin aging, pimples, and other embarrassing problems
• Leaves you smelling like a man should.
This is just a small list of available types that you can consider. There are many others to choose from. Using this guide will help you find the best shaving cream for men that will work for your skin type and specific needs.
You can also try other shaving creams for men and see how it works best for you. Shaving cream is designed to make the process of shaving easier and more comfortable.
Finding the best shaving cream for your skin type, facial hair, and razor (if using one), will help you get a better shave without irritation, discomfort, or pain.
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Shaving Cream For Wet Shaving
If you are planning to use shaving foam or cream with your electric shaver for wet shaving, here are some factors that you should consider before buying one.
Skin type: Different scalp has different types of skin, dry, oily, and normal. If you have dry skin, then it’s wise to avoid using shaving cream, foam, or gel with heating properties.
If your skin is oily and sensitive, then use a pre-electric shaving moisturizer without any fragrance and dye.
If you sweat excessively and don’t like rinsing the cream while shaving, buy one which has antiperspirant properties.
If you have normal skin, it’s good to pick the best shaving cream for sensitive skin.
Ingredients: Always check ingredients in the shaving cream or foam before buying one. You should avoid products that contain alcohol and menthol because they can cause irritation and redness on your face.
Fragrance: Avoid using perfumed creams for wet shaving because fragrances can cause rashes and bumps on your scalp. If you want a pleasant fragrance during shaving, use natural essential oils instead of artificial fragrances.
Shaving cream consistency: Good quality pre-shave gels are transparent but often they come with a medium thickness which is ideal for electric shavers without causing the problem to its cutting blades.
Types of shaving creams
1. Pre electric shaving moisturizer: If you have dry skin and don’t want to use traditional shaving foam or gel, then this pre-shave moisturizer is ideal for you.
2. Shaving cream with lather: You can easily create lather using the best shave cream for men by using a brush in circular motions on your face. It helps lift hair follicles so that blades can cut easily without causing any discomfort.
3. Anti-inflammatory shaving creams: There are several types of top-quality anti-inflammatory shaving cream available in the market which give a cooling sensation when applied over your scalp, these types of creams are good for sensitive skins because they reduce irritation caused during wet shaving.
4. Natural ingredients shaving cream: If you have normal skin and want to avoid using artificial chemicals, then natural essential oils-based shaving creams are ideal for wet electric shavers without causing any harm to the blades.
5. Shave gels: These creams come in the form of gel and can’t be used by themselves (without a brush). You can use them with other types of shaving cream which often comes with a medium thickness that’s beneficial for both dry and wet shavers without damaging their cutting blades.
6. Ingredients to avoid: It’s quite obvious that you can’t walk into a store or order an item online without knowing what it actually is. It would simply be a blind purchase. When it comes to shaving creams, the situation is no different from any other products that you might consider buying.
There are more things for you to consider than usual. That’s because shaving cream is something that you use on your face and as such, it can cause serious problems if it has ingredients that react to your skin.
Here are some things to avoid usually while using shaving cream:
If you want to buy shaving cream, make sure that there are no sulfates. It is one of the ingredients which cause major reactions for many people.
This is an ingredient that is used in many skin care products and it can be equally bad for your face when you use shaving cream with it.
Whenever you want to buy shaving cream, make sure that there are no TEAs on the ingredients list (at least not more than three percent). If not, look for another shaving cream.
Parabens are another type of ingredient that you have to avoid because they cause allergic reactions, mainly on the facial skin.
The best shaving cream for sensitive skin will not include parabens as one of its ingredients. If a product has low concentration, it is still alright but if there are more than two percent parabens, don’t go for that product.
This is the main ingredient that you have to avoid when you want to buy shaving cream for your face.
Mineral oil doesn’t allow the blade of an electric shaver to glide over your skin without causing irritation or injury. It also prevents water from lathering like any other ingredient in shaving cream.
Best Ways for Using a Shaving Cream
The best shaving cream for sensitive skin will allow you to prevent razor burns and ingrown hairs. To do that, there are several things that you can do :
1) Apply the shaving cream after wetting your face with warm water for at least three minutes.
2) Make sure that your shaver’s blades are clean before you apply the shaving cream.
3) Use a brush to rub shaving cream on your face, covering every area that you want to shave.
4) Let the blade glide on your skin without applying much pressure. Hold it with enough pressure though.
5) Rinse the shaver after you are done shaving. Don’t forget to dry its blades before closing it up again.
Precautions Regarding Use of These Products
You have to avoid the following things when you use a shaving cream :
1) Don’t apply the shaving cream more than once.
2) Don’t use it on areas other than your face. It is the only area that needs protection from burning, redness, and injury caused by using an electric shaver.
3) Change blades every week or after 10-12 uses.
4) Avoid using any product that contains parabens because they are harmful to the skin if not used properly.
5) Don’t use aerosol shaving creams especially those that are pressurized. They can cause serious injuries if the seal gets damaged while installing them in an aerosol canister or opening their caps.
6) You should choose a scent that is mild and not too strong.
7) Avoid using soap or gel to shave with. It will cause more skin problems.
8) If possible, avoid shaving during the winter months because cold weather can make your skin rough and dry which is not good for shaving.
9) Don’t use a new shaving cream if you are already using one that causes serious reactions to your facial skin. You should stop the current brand before trying out another one.
10) See your doctor if any symptoms appear after you change your shaving cream’s brand. Chances are that it might be an allergic reaction to the ingredients of the previous cream.
Commonly Asked Questions
Can I use shaving cream with an electric razor?
Yes, you can. But it doesn’t work the same way as shaving with blades. It is better not to use aerosol shaving creams while shaving with an electric razor because they are pressurized and their caps may get damaged when using them in an electric shaver.
Can you use shaving cream with a rotary shaver?
Yes, you can. Look for a cream that is suitable for sensitive skin and then apply it to your face before using your rotary shaver.
Can you use shaving gel with an electric razor?
Yes, you can. Shaving gels tend to be milder than shaving creams that’s why they are better for use with electric shavers.
What is the difference between shaving cream and gel?
Shaving cream contains more ingredients than shaving gel. It coats your skin and prevents it from drying out when shaving because there is a lot of water in it. It also helps your shaver’s blades glide smoothly on your skin so there will be no sores or cuts. Gel, on the other hand, is made up of mostly water which makes it perfect for sensitive skin as well as those with allergies.
Is it better to shave wet or dry with an electric razor?
It is better to shave wet because it reduces skin irritation. You can apply shaving cream or gel before you start shaving.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.!