Though standard keyboards are available with PC gaming, separate gaming keyboards are required and are in demand by the virtual game lovers.
The reason? Comfort Level! All that a game lover wants is pleasure and comfort while playing games.
This particular feature with increased comfort level is known as “ergonomic keyboard.” In this player feels relieved from stress and pain at shoulder joints by keeping the wrists in the straight position. This ergonomic feature increases not only the pleasure of playing a game but also the efficiency and comfort level of the player.
Another feature that adds to the great gaming experience is the presence of “mechanical switches.” The best gaming keyboard must be engineered with mechanical switches as it provides customization (i.e. the keys can be easily replaced if damaged) plus it also offers the longest life to the keyboard.
Best Gaming Keyboard 2018
Here we are providing you some features that must be present on gaming Keyboards:
- Macro functions: It allows you to program customizable keys to perform many actions with one click. For example, pressing “Custom 1” triggers the program to use the player’s combination abilities. These macros can be used outside of games for additional shortcuts.
- Digital Displays: It must be equipped with LCD touchscreen that allows keys to be customized in function and appearance.
- Gaming Mode: A toggle key is again a must as it locks the Windows key from triggering the start menu, preventing the game from being pushed to the background of computer activity.
- Multimedia functions: These advanced multimedia features include simple volume control, to shortcuts to social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter while playing a game. So, one can enjoy multiple tasks at the same time.
- Backlight: It helps to get the pleasure of games during nights also due to the presence of backlighting feature. This is a standard feature on gaming keyboards. It allows the user to customize the backlight.
So, after many pieces of research and reviewing a large number of gaming keyboards, we have come across our list of “Best-Selling Gaming Keyboards” available on the market. Have a look!
Top 10 Gaming Keyboard
|Brand||USB Port||Back Light(RGB)||Ratings out of 5|
|Razor Oranta Chroma||Yes||Yes||4.8|
|Logitech G413 Carbon||Yes||No||4.5|
|Razer Black widow Chroma||Yes||Yes||4.5|
|Das Keyboard X40||No||No||4.3|
|Topre Real force RGB||Yes||No||4.5|
|Logitech G610 Orion Spectrum||No||No||4.3|
|Cherry Mx Board 6.0||Yes||Yes||4.1|
|Steel Series Apex M500||Yes||No||4.0|
1. Razor Oranta Chroma –
Best Gaming Keyboard Overall
This is the best gaming keyboard available on the market. It consists of all the essential features that a gamer would like to experience in the game. It is featured not only with the mechanical switches but also with the backlighting keys, so that, the player can experience the pleasure of gaming for a longer duration of time. Also, the presence of mechanical switches provides the customization of keys and is therefore it is the best mechanical keyboard for programming too (for programmers). So the player can play without worrying about any damages.
Also, these gaming consoles provide you with all that comfort that you want to experience while playing the game. This is made available through the inbuilt ergonomic wrist rest keys. It makes your wrists rest over the keypad while playing. This relieves the wrist pain as well as the shoulders pain.
Lastly, it comes with an outstanding feature, i.e., “Game Modes.” By this feature, you can choose various gaming modes as per your level to have an enjoyable gaming experience.
The following is an overall epitome of its features and physical specifications:
- Full keyboard with number pad feature available.
- Anti-ghosting on up to 10 simultaneous key presses
- Game mode to turn off Windows key.
- Magnetized palm rest is also there.
- Razor Synapse app and Chroma customization are present
- USB connection is present.
- Specially designed mechanical membrane switches are available.
- Moves faster than any other gaming keyboards available on the market.
- Individual Backlit Keys With Dynamic Lighting Effect Present.
- Ultimate Gaming Comfort can experienced.
- Lighting Effect (i.e., backlighting is present).
- Mid-height keycaps are also present.
- Featured with Ergonomic wrist rest.
- Razer Synapse enabled.
- Fully programmable keys with on the fly macro recording.
- 10-key roll over is present.
- Also featured with “Gaming Modes.
A bit expensive than other keyboards available on the market but featured with the best functions a gaming console must possess. It is equipped with all the features, i.e., mechanical switches, customization feature and anti-ghosting. So, if you are a gaming freak and wants to get pleasure in virtual gaming at any cost than this is a perfect choice for you!
2. Logitech G413 Carbon – The cheapest Mechanical Keyboard
With the best gaming experience, this gaming console comes under the wired category but uses the Romer-G mechanical switching technology that increases its durability, accuracy, and speed of operation. But the feature that makes it different from other keyboards available on the market is its attractive carbon black and silver designs.
It is light weighted, highly resistant to external damages due to its aluminum alloy top casing plus engineered with flexible height-feet rubbers.
It comes with the Red Backlighting Keys that makes it late nights gaming device. A USB pass through is also there to connect to its input to provide 100% power and data speed. Moreover, it is also equipped with media control functional keys to control volume, play and mute the game when required and also keys to choose the game mode. Twelve additional gaming key caps add to its features.
This Dell Inspiron ides you a bulk storage of about 1TB SSHD 8GB – 1TB HDD, 128GB SSD, 8GB to 16 GB RAM options, great processor, i.e., i5-i7 series Also, it is equipped with NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 – 1050 Ti graphics to give you an enjoyable gaming experience. It is the best product, under budget (below 40k range) and also provides you with an amazing gaming experience.
It has some advanced features such as Game Mode, 26-Key Rollover, and Anti-Ghosting. By these functions, we can toggle the game modes with FN+F8 and can deactivate additional keys using LGS.
By pressing multiple keys plus modifier keys (Control, Alt, Shift) simultaneously in any order, we can get what we intend to get with 26-key rollover. When multiple gaming commands are given by you concurrently, the performance-tuned anti-ghosting offers you reliable control. It comes with two years of warranty.
So, following are the features and specifications of this keyboard in brief:
- OS Required Microsoft Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10
- Connectivity Technology wired
- Mechanical Technology Keyboard Used
- Keys Quantity are 108 in numbers
- Key/Button Function backlight control, gaming mode key, multimedia available.
- Romer-G switches type Key Switches are available.
- Backlighting color is RED.
- Detachable Cable is present.
- Cable Length is 6 ft. in length.
- Depth is about 5.2 inches; Height is 1.3 inches and Width is 17.5 inches.
- Weight is about 2.44 lbs.
- Carbon Black and silver attractive designs are available
- Extra Gaming Keycaps are there.
- USB passthrough is also present.
- Logitech Romer-G Switches present.
- Red or White Black lighting is there.
- Some extra keys: Q, W, E, R, A, S, D, 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 all get alternative key caps
- Two years warranty is also available
- One of the best mechanical gaming keyboard for programming.
Best Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Under $100
First launched in 2010, this excellent gaming keyboard quickly became the most popular and highest selling gaming keyboard worldwide. It is the best mechanical keyboard under $100 budget. In early stages, it wasn’t equipped with mechanical switching, but later after four years, mechanical switching was also added to its features.
So, with mechanical switching technology for longer durability and high-end performance, this Razer Black widow Chroma comes on our top list of “best- selling gaming keyboards” on the market. In addition to this, it also comes with individually programmable Backlit Keys with 16.8 million color options. This feature allows you to customize various color choices, so that, you can have an incredible gaming experience by setting different themes for each game.
Following are the specifications and its features in brief:
- Cord Length is 2.13 mKeyboard Language is bilingual.
- There is no built-in touchpad.
- Backlit Keys are present.
- Multimedia Keys are 7 in number.
- Mechanical Keys are available.
- Custom Programmable Buttons available are10 in number.
- Windows 8/ Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP (32-bit) / Mac OS X (v10.6 to 10.9); 200MB of hard disc space supported.
- Dimensions are width 47.00 cm, Height is 3.90 cm, and Depth is 18.20 cm.
- Weight about1.50 kgs.
- One year warranty is there.
- Connectivity Type -Wired
- The USB port is available.
- Contour Design is ambidextrous.
- Bluetooth is not available.
- Ergonomic Design is also there.
- LCD Display is not available.
- Color availability is Black.
- There is no Wrist Rest feature present.
- Compatible Tablet Models are not applicable.
- It is non-Rechargeable.
- One of the best mechanical gaming keyboard for programming.
This is the best mechanical keyboard under budget and hence, comes on our top list of best gaming keyboards due to its 16.8 million backlit color options for customization purpose plus the ergonomic wrist rest and mechanical switching features. Though it doesn’t come with gaming mode options, and also it is non-rechargeable, you can go with this option if you enjoy gaming indoors!
4. Das Keyboard X40 – Best Light Weight Gaming Laptop
With an excellent rating of 4.3 under the best mechanical gaming keyboard review, this gaming keyboard is one of the best gaming keyboards available on the market. Its best feature is the interchangeable aluminum top panel and Alpha-Zulu gaming switches with gaming grade durability of 60 million keystrokes.
The dynamic multi color RGB backlighting is absent here. It comes with only red LED backlighting but consists of full n-key rollover (NKRO) and gaming mode controller to deactivate windows key whenever required. The additional feature is its laser-marked keycaps, red color key switch plate, and updatable firmware.
In addition to this, there are 5 programmable macro keys present, one USB 2.0 pass-through is present, and media controls via function keys are also inbuilt. There is an extra- long 2 meter (6.5 ft.) braided cable for better performance at a longer range and an angle adjustment with flip down feet also available. Also, two audio and mic-cables with gold-plated connector mini jacks are there on the keyboard.
- Dimensions: 19.13 x 6.81 x 1.22 inchesWeight is 3.26 lbs.
- Firmware is updatable.
- 5 programmable macro keys are present.
- One USB 2.0 pass-through is present.
- Media controls via function keys are also inbuilt.
- 104-key US layout is there.
- Extra- long 2 meter (6.5 ft.) braided cable is there.
- Angle adjustment with flip down feet also available.
- Two audio and mic-cables with gold-plated connector mini jacks available.
- Red LED backlightingInterchangeable aluminum top panel
- Alpha-Zulu gaming switches with gaming grade durability of 60 million keystrokes
- Full n-key rollover (NKRO)
- Gaming mode control to deactivate Windows key
- Laser-marked keycaps
- Red color key switch plate
But it doesn’t support RGB backlighting. It comes with only red backlighting option. Also, ergonomic wrist feature is absent here.
5. Topre Real Force RGB –
Best mechanical keyboard for programming
With Actuation Point Changer (APC) and Real Force RGB it allows you to customize various points for detecting key activations, making it 25% faster keypads. APC also provides a new level of comfort to customize your typing and gaming experience. Hence, by these unique features, this gaming keyboard also comes on our top list.
Its features include standard key press actuation distance of 2.2mm, powered with electrostatic capacitive core switching, velvety smooth feel for comfortable key presses and 45G to avoid finger fatigue.
There are RGB per-key backlighting also available with16.8 Million Color choices to enhance the gaming experience. The real force RGB includes high quality, double-shot sculpted keycaps to retain the premium feel, durability and design.
Here instead of mechanical switches, electrostatic capacitive switches are used. The keyboard is QWERTY structured just like the standard keyboards available on the market. It is compatible with windows operating system but not with Linux or any other operating systems. Along with multimedia keys, it assures you with two years of warranty for any damages.
Following are some of its essential features and physical specifications:
- Physical Layout : US QWERTYLogical Layout
- Switch : Electrostatic Capacitive
- Primary LED Color : RGB
- Keycap Print Method : Double Shot
- USB Key Rollover : Full
- Multimedia Keys : Yes
- Built in Audio Port : No
- Dimensions : 17.91″ x 5.59″ x 1.18″
- Interface : USB
- Windows Compatible : Yes
- Mac Compatible : No
- Linux Compatible : No
- Warranty : 2 Year Manufacturer Limited Warranty
- Weight : 3.08 lbs.
- Cord Length : 70 inches
- Actuation Point Changer (APC) : An exclusive to the Real Force RGB, the Actuation Point Changer (APC) allows you to customize various points for detecting key activations, making it 25% faster keypads. Switch to lightning quick responsiveness for gaming or adjust it for accuracy in typing.
- Perfect for double-tapping or lighting fast response in RTS, or first person shooters
- Standard key press actuation distance is 2.2mm.
- 3mm longer travel time can be used for very critical actions.
- APC provides a new level of comfort to customize your typing and gaming experience.
- It is powered with electrostatic capacitive key switching.
- Velvety smooth feel for satisfying and tactile key presses.
- Evenly distributed 45G to avoid finger fatigue is also available there.
- Anti-ghosting and full N-Key Roll over (NKRO) to ensure to execute your commands correctly.
- No key chattering and quieter than mechanicals to keep the lines of communication clear
- RGB Per-Key Backlighting – 16.8 Million Colors are available.
- The REALFORCE RGB includes high quality, double-shot sculpted keycaps to retain the premium feel, durability, and design.
- One of the best mechanical gaming keyboard for programming.
On the other side, it misses out some of the other essential features found in other gaming keyboards such as mechanical switches for customization. But RGB backlighting is present with 16.8 million color choices. So, it can be a good choice too!
6. Logitech G610 Orion Spectrum – Best Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Under Budget
With wired connectivity technology used and equipped with fully programmable keys and Cherry MX-Brown and Red Mechanical Switches, this gaming keyboard gets the sixth place on our best gaming keyboard list as its back lighting is restricted to white color only lacking the RGB multi color.
As mentioned above it is restricted to white backlighting only. In addition to this, it also lacks the ergonomic wrist rest feature plus the USB pass-through ports. It’s plastic key switches don’t provide that smooth and comfortable feel that other mechanical switching keyboards offer that is available on the market.
Here are the detailed features and specifications of this keyboard:
- OS Required Microsoft Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10
- Equipped with Wired Connectivity Technology.
- Interface used is USB pass through.
- Engineered with Mechanical Keyboard Technology.
- Cherry MX Brown switches are available.
- Simultaneous Key Press Quantity is 26.
- Adjustable Height is also available
- Backlighting color is white.
- Cable Length is 6 ft., depth 6 inches, height 1.4 inches and width17.5 inches
- Weight is about 2.78 lbs.
- Color available is black.
- Black lighting restricted to white color only.
- Fully programmable keys are also available.
- Cherry MX-Brown and Red Mechanical Switches available.
- Volume Control facility present.
- Media Controller is also there.
- One of the best mechanical gaming keyboard under budget.
7. Logitech G910 –
Best Gaming Keyboard Under $200
With powered USB port and Romer-G mechanical keys used, this gaming keyboard also consists of 9 individually customizable G-keys and nine macro keys. Also equipped with volume controller, media controller and number pad system. The Romer-G keys give softer and comfortable gaming experience.
But on the other hand, there is no USB charging facility; as a result, battery drains faster.
There is 113 keys rollover, and individual key lighting is also there that can be customized from a palette of 16.8 million colors, used for displaying information, vital systems statistics and more on it and Android devices. There is two years hardware warranty too.
Following are the detailed features and specifications of Lenovo Idea Pad:
- Operating System Used are Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7
- Height is 19.9 in (505 mm),Width is 9.6 inches (243.5 mm) / 8.3 inches (210 mm) and depth is 1.4 inches (35.5 mm)
- Weight is about 3.3 lbs. (1.5 kg)
- Cable length is about 6 ft. (1.8 m)
- Key Switch Durability is 70 million.
- The powered USB port is available.
- Internet connection and 100MB hard drive space (for optional software download) are also available.
- 2-Year Limited Hardware Warranty is there.
- Equipped with Romer-G mechanical keys with up to 25% faster actuation.
- 9 individually customizable G-keys are available.
- RGB Black Lighting is available.
- Omron Romer-G mechanical switches are there.
- 9 macro keys are available.
- Volume roller, media control and the number pad is also there.
- Individual key lighting is also there.
- Individual key light can be customized from a palette of 16.8 million colors.
- Used in game displaying information, vital systems statistics and more on it and Android devices.
Romer-G switching, it provides an outstanding gaming experience too!
It misses out anti-ghosting and mechanical switching features. So, keep in mind before buying.
8. Corsair K95 –
Best mechanical Gaming Keyboard under $50
With a 32-bit ARM processor, 2 USB 2.0 ports, Panasonic display controller, up to 1000 Hz USB report rate and selectable 8ms, 4ms, 2ms, 1ms, and BIOS modeindows Vista. Plus, it comes within budget and is the best mechanical gaming keyboard under $50. Mechanical Switches are present for customization along with18 G-keys with up to 108 macros for a faster gaming experience. The soft touch, detachable wrist rest and aircraft-grade black anodized brushed aluminum finish add to its features.
It’s fast and fluid RGB animation uses a Panasonic display controller for an amazing multi color light show in a pulsing, waving and cascading array. Easy-access dedicated multimedia controls are also there to enhance its performance. By this keyboard you don’t just play games; you play music and video, too. You can play, stop, pause, skip tracks and adjust volume directly from the K95 RGB.
It is 100% anti-ghosting with 122 key rollovers on USB. By its Static lighting feature, you can change any key on the keyboard to a color and brightness setting of your choice. You can also create, save and load custom patterns for your favorite games. By its Color cycling feature, you can cycle through multiple colors of your choice of speed and color palettes. By its Waves and ripples feature, you can also customize the color palette, direction, duration, and velocity. By its feature of Reactive typing, you can set up single-key responsive typing, or create a multi-key ripple effect. You can also choose single-layer lighting, where keys light up as you type, or multi-layer, and have the keys change color.
So, here are the specifications and features of this keyboard. Have a look:
- PC with 2 USB 2.0 ports
- Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
- 100% Cherry MX Mechanical key switches
- 32-bit ARM Processor
- Panasonic display controller
- Up to 1000 Hz USB report rate
- Selectable 8ms, 4ms, 2ms, 1ms, and BIOS mode
- 100% Mechanical Switches present
- 18 G-keys with up to 108 macros for faster gaming
- Soft touch, detachable wrist rest
- Aircraft-grade black anodized brushed aluminum finish
- Assign macros to any key: If the 18 G-keys just aren’t enough, you can set up any key to trigger a macro. The all-new control panel software makes it easy.
- Fast and fluid RGB animation: The K95 RGB uses a Panasonic display controller for an amazing multi color light show in a pulsing, waving and cascading array.
- Onboard memory to take performance and lighting settings with you
- Easy-access dedicated multimedia controls
- You don’t just play games – you play music and video, too. Play, stop, pause, skip tracks and adjust volume directly from the K95 RGB.
- 100% anti-ghosting with 122 key rollovers on USB
- An internet connection is required to download the Corsair Utility Engine software
This gaming keyboard is again one of the best keyboard’s available on the market with attractive features. It comes with K63 mechanical switches that are more precise, faster and durable than other keyboards. Also, each key has an individual multi-color dynamic RGB backlighting for customization purpose and are fully programmable for better performance.
Its switches are different from other mechanical keyboards in the sense of touch and comfort level. They are smoother and softer than any other keyboard as they come with additional detachable texture and contour keycaps that maintain grip over the game while playing. In addition to this, it is also equipped with ergonomic wrist rest to increase your comfort level.
Also, it is 100% anti-ghosting for however fast you play the game with 104 key rollovers to ensure that every key pressed results in the proper output. It also provides you with two USB ports for connecting the external devices and gets access to the media control when you are playing the game without any interruption. It’s key switches allow you to play, pause, volume control or even mute as per your needs.
Here is a brief epitome of its features and specifications:
- K63 Compact Mechanical Gaming Keyboard is there.
- Quick start guide is there.
- PC with 2 USB 2.0 ports is available.
- Operating System supported are Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
- Cherry MX Switches are fast, precise and durable.
- Per Key, Backlit is there.
- It is fully programmable.
- USB Port is also available.
- It can easily connect most of the devices.
- A lot of Comfort and Control is there.
- Textured and contoured keycaps are available.
- It is 100% anti-ghosting for however fast you play the game.
- Easy Access Media is there by which you can adjust your media volume.
- Wrist Rest is also there to provide you comfort.
- Ergonomic detachable wrist rest included in the set.
This gaming keyboard is also one of the best choices a gamer can have with its unique and smoother touch detachable key caps. Moreover, it also provides you with multi color dynamic RGB backlighting, media access, USB ports and ergonomic wrist rest. So, with great reviews by the users, it’s a full package to take home!
With a rating of 4 by the users, this gaming keyboard also gets a place on our list of best gaming keyboards. It also consists of mechanical switching with a throw Depth of 4 mm, actuation and reset depth of 2 mm and 50 million click lifetime guarantee. Also, full Anti-Ghosting support is there. There is 104 Keys rollover available. The illumination provided is Blue LEDs per key.
Quick Access Media Keys and fully Programmable Keys are there. The weight is about 1241 g, 2.742 lbs.; height is 136.43 mm and 5.37 inches. The largest adjustable rubber feet are also available with cable length 2 m or 6.5 ft. The Customization Options are also available with 1-year warranty.
The following is a brief description of its features that will help you in making a right choice while purchasing:
- Switch Type is Mechanical.
- Throw Depth : 4 mm
- Actuation and Reset Depth : 2 mm
- 50 Million Click Lifetime Guarantee is there.
- Full Anti-Ghosting Support is there.
- N-Key Roll Over : 104 Keys are available.
- Illumination : Per-Key Blue LEDs are there.
- Quick Access Media Keys and fully Programmable Keys are there.
- Weight is 1241 g, 2.742 lbs.; height is 136.43 mm and37 inches
- Width: 440.56 mm, 17.34 inches and depth is 1.56 inches
- Large Adjustable Rubber Feet available
- Cable Length is 2 m or 6.5 ft.
- Customization Options are available.
- A 1-year warranty is also there.
- Cherry MX Red switches are there.
- Blue LED illumination is available.
- 50M click lifespan is there.
- Full N-Key Rollover is also available.
Today, virtual gaming has become crucial part of our lives. The people of all age groups and genders enjoy virtual gaming nowadays. So, to enhance their gaming experience by increasing the comfort level, the gaming keyboards are in high demand. Concerning this, various models of gaming keyboards are available on the market. If you are planning to buy one just keep these few essential features that will add to your gaming experience.
A gaming keyboard must include a set of programmable keys, LED backlights, must be durable for long lasting use, must be equipped with a mini LCD play, anti-ghosting feature, N key rollover, multimedia controls, ergonomic key arrangement for painless use and comfortable design.
Related to others Havethisbeast’s Guide’s: