It’s that time of year again. The leaves are changing, the weather is getting cooler and you’re starting to grow a mustache for Movember. Yes, it’s November and that means it’s time to shave your head!
Or… did you forget?
Just kidding! We know most guys are eager to adopt the bald lifestyle but we wanted to be considerate of your partially. In all reality, though, it’s not that much longer until shaving your head is going to be a necessity.
Before you do so, though, you may want to look into trading in your old clunker of a razor for something that’s going to be up for the task. And if that is indeed on your agenda, then you are definitely in luck!
It’s hard to know what the best electric razor is for shaving your head and where to start when looking at all of the options. That’s why we’ve compiled this list of five different products that we think will help you find the right one for you.
Skull Shaver Pitbull Silver PRO Electric Razor
This little guy comes with an attachment for shaving your head and it even features 4 heads with 4 different cutting directions. It also includes a timer and battery level indicator so there are never any surprises when it comes time to shave your dome.
This shaver has flexible pivoting blades that are perfect for getting rid of those pesky hairs on your face. It’s also WET & DRY SAVING so it can be used when wet or dry – whatever your preference is!
The new cordless USB rechargeable, battery-powered, LED indicator razor is just the thing for any modern gent who likes his stubble but doesn’t like getting up too early in the morning.
• Completely water-resistant
• Get a fresh, clean shave in minutes without worrying about electricity or cords, even while showering!
• This innovative electric shaver is rechargeable and cordless so you can shave anywhere anytime.
• Say goodbye to unsightly razor bumps caused by hair that grows back at different lengths
- Using hypoallergenic foil reduces the risk of allergic skin reactions
A bit pricey.
AidallsWellup Men’s 5-in-1 Electric Head Shaver for Bald Men
I know you have all seen the commercials for various head shavers, but I am here to tell you that they don’t work.
Sometimes the most frustrating task is trimming your hair because of the awkward and hard-to-reach areas. But now that’s a thing of the past with AidallsWellup Razor for the head! It has 5 kinds of interchangeable heads, so you can shave your face, nose hair, the beard with ease.
The 6D floating shaving system from AidallsWellup might be the best thing since sliced bread. It’s got a 2-hour charge time, it runs for 90 minutes, and it can even float on water!
This razor has an anti-pinch system that prevents cuts and nicks, as well as a new design that allows for easy cleaning. The company even underwent water tests to show that this product can withstand immersion in water!
The only downside is that you need to shave in the shower or tub because this razor is waterproof. But hey, at least your shaver won’t get wet!
The AidallsWellup Men’s 5-in-1 Electric Head Shaver will get rid of those annoying hairs in no time, without any worry about cuts or burns.
The best part?
It can be used on bald heads! No more spending $60+ at a salon every few weeks – this bad boy gets it done quickly and painlessly right from the comfort of your own home!
• Never have to worry about getting your neck or ears shaved because this shaver has a 6D Veneer Head.
• It’s cordless, rechargeable, washable.
• Anti-Pinch System prevents cuts.
• Now you can get a head shave from the comfort of your own bathroom.
• Say goodbye to stubble and out-of-date styles with this quality machine.
• Your sensitive skin will thank you for not having to deal with old-school safety razors anymore.
• Customize your shave with beard combs, attachments, and blades
2 hrs. of charging time.
Panasonic Electric Razor for Men, Electric Shaver – ES-LV97-K
A man’s electric razor is a very important part of his life. Once you have the right one, it can make shaving quick and easy every day. Panasonic is a company that has been making quality products for over 100 years, so we know they have the expertise to create an excellent product.
The ARC5 with Premium Automatic Cleaning and Charging Station is their latest creation in men’s grooming technology which gives you a clean shave with five different precision blades from any angle.
It senses beard densities 220 times per second, adjusts power 14 times per second, and has an intelligent sensor that detects ingrown hair so you can avoid it. This razor will make your morning shave quick and painless! This razor is for everyone; men and women alike!
“With the new Panasonic Electric Razor, you can shave in 16 different directions. That’s right, your electric razor pivots and gets every little nook and cranny of your face – so that no stubble is left behind.”
“Most men think ‘best a man can get. But with the Panasonic Electric Razor, it doesn’t matter if you’re a man or woman because it has an advanced intelligent shave with its pivoting head to ensure that no stubble remains on anyone’s face after shaving. This means more time for relaxation!”
• Powerful, yet gentle razor that will get the job done quickly without damaging your skin
• Advanced, state-of-the-art technology that ensures a close shave every time
• Intelligent Shave Sensor to help make shaving easy whether you’re an experienced shaver or not
• Enjoy a clean, clear head of hair with fewer bumps and ingrown hairs.
Super close shave, but not meant for everyone.
Braun Electric Razor for Men, Series 9 9330s Electric Foil Shaver
Do you suffer from razor burn, ingrown hairs, and irritation?
If so, your search for the perfect electric shaver may finally be over.
The Braun Series 9 9330s is a rechargeable foil shaver with an ActiveLiftTM system that lifts hair to cut closer and more comfortably. It also has a precision trimmer on the back of the shaver head which can trim sideburns or goatees in seconds.
This electric razor comes with 5 synchronized shaving elements designed to shave long hair as short as 0.5mm while protecting skin from any discomfort.
Braun Series 7 wet & dry shaver, designed and built in Germany which is now 20% more powerful than before, giving your sensitive skin that extra smoothness for up to 50 minutes of shaving time on one charge.
The battery power lasts even longer while in wet mode thanks to its water-tight design so now you can take care of those pesky hairs while in the shower or bathtub!
- Get the same close shave as with an electric shaver for legs, but for your head!
- Weighs up to 469 Grams so it doesn’t hurt your hand when you’re using it.
- Fast and efficient shave because it’s the closest to your skin.
- Can be used on any part of your body without worrying about nicks, cuts, and burns.
- Has a long-lasting battery so you can start shaving right away.
- Father’s Day gift idea for the dad who has sensitive skin or likes working out.
Wahl Professional 5-Star Balding Clipper
A bald head is a powerful thing. It’s a sign of strength, courage, and power. But what if you’re not there yet?
What if you’ve got hair on the top and none on the bottom?
The Wahl shaver is a good choice for anyone with a small bathroom. It measures 6.25” long and weighs 1 lb, features a #2105 blade, V500 motor, and foil head that catches hair while cutting to minimize irritation. The textured grip makes it easy to hold onto this little guy for all your grooming needs!
Wahl Professional 5-Star Balding Clipper has two combs to ensure that your head is completely even from ear to ear with no gaps or uneven spots in between. And don’t worry about it being too short, because we’ll take care of that part when we come over to shave your dome off!
The Wahl shaver cuts are surgically close for full head balding – twice the speed of pivot motion! It feels really good when you’re shaving your head and feel the skin on your scalp tingle from how sharp it is.
• The fastest way to a bald fade.
• Get effortless skin and bald fades
• In-built safety features for peace of mind.
• Faster than pivot motors.
- Significantly reduces trauma to your head. Get smoother, clearer cuts in half the time
• Includes all accessories required for use with this shaver
Makes a rattling noise after long use.
The best electric razor to shave head is a personal decision. For men, many different factors determine which one is the best for them and their needs.
We hope this article has helped you narrow down your choices about what type of shaver to buy but if it hasn’t, then we recommend going with the Braun Series 9-9095cc Men’s Electric Foil Shaver because it can be used wet or dry (perfect for those who want a smooth clean cut) and has an intelligent Sonic Technology for maximum comfort while shaving.
Head Shavers Vs Trimmers Vs Clippers
We recommend the head shaver for men who want to shave their heads with a razor. There are two models that have multiple blades which allow you to get those close and clean shaves every time.
The downside to this is that there might be some irritation because it takes longer than shaving your face so to avoid this, make sure you use plenty of water and don’t forget about the aftershave.
This type of razor is better for men who don’t like the hassle of going through 5 or 6 blades just so you can say you got a great shave but at the same time, they are not regular trimmers where you cut and don’t shave. These trimmers are designed to be used on the head, so you can get a close clean cut in less than 5 minutes.
For this type of trimmer to work though, you need to know how to use it properly. It takes time and energy to do it right so make sure you practice or ask someone who knows how it’s done before attempting to do this at home.
These clippers have shorter blades that won’t allow you the same precision shaving as in a head shaver but they don’t cost as much either. They’re also super easy and fast since all you’ll ever need is one blade plus its cordless which allows some mobility while shaving your head.
The downside to these clippers is that they don’t work as well when you have thick hair or if you want longer length so make sure you test it before getting one.
How does a head shaver work?
A head shaver is designed to cut both your hair and skin thick, coarse facial hair into an even stubble. It has a blade that moves up and down while trimming the top of the head but no need to worry since it’s got some safety features built-in to help avoid injuries.
The best thing about a head shaver is that it doesn’t have those annoying plastic blades that will cost you money and time every week.
How to choose the right head shaver?
Choosing the right head shaver is important so you can always get that close clean shave in less than 5 minutes. Head shavers come with a rotary or vibrating motion, which both of them will give you the mobility and precision needed to do detailed work around your hairline and other sensitive areas.
However, if you want to get that extra close shave, then we recommend going with the rotary shaver. It will give you a closer shave than those with vibrating motions do but at the same time, it would be more tiresome because of its continuous up and down motion.
What should I look for when buying a head shaver?
Here are some things to consider before buying a head shaver:
● Safety Features – Make sure the blade is good quality and sharp plus make sure it has some safety features built-in to prevent injuries. Check if the razor can be used in wet conditions or with shaving cream/gel. This way you can avoid having dry skin which often gets irritated after shaving.
● Head Shaving Capabilities – Check out the product’s user manual to know how well it can cut through thick, coarse hair. If you have thick hair then you should go with a shaver that has an adjustable head cap. This way you can shave your head just right without having to worry about cutting yourself at all.
● Battery Life – All shavers are cordless nowadays but make sure that your choice of razor will last long enough so that after one hour or two hours, it still is usable and ready for another round of shaving. We recommend going with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery because they are lighter, stronger, and last longer than its counterparts.
● Mobility – Does the head shaver have an extra-strong motor that will give you extra power throughout the grooming process? Will it allow you to get those hard-to-reach areas such as behind your ears and around the back of your neck?
● Warranty – Check if the product comes with a warranty. If it does, then that means the manufacturer is confident with their product’s quality. It also means that they are willing to fix or replace your shaver in case there’s something wrong with it.
● Precision – Does the head shaver has the ability to give you accurate and precise lines around your hairline and other areas? Some shavers have small attachments which you can use for detailing purposes but some of them don’t so make sure you check it first before purchasing.
● Price Point – The amount of money you’re willing to spend for a head shaver will determine its quality and overall performance. If you want the best then expect to pay a lot but if not, then go with an affordable product that still offers what other more expensive ones do
Head shavers are great grooming devices that will save you money in the long run because of their cheap replacement blades. It’s also very convenient to use because you can bring it anywhere since it doesn’t have any cords attached to it plus it gives the most precise and accurate lines around your hairline or other areas.
How to treat your head before head shaving?
Your scalp is one of the first things people notice when they look at you so if you’re planning to shave your head, then it’s best to take good care of your scalp beforehand.
Treating and moisturizing your hair and scalp before shaving will help prevent skin irritation later on.
Make sure that your hair is soft and supple which can be achieved by washing your hair frequently and applying a small amount of conditioner to your locks.
Conditioning your hair will make it softer to the touch which will give you an easier time shaving it later on.
Make sure that you get rid of any loose strands or hairs by brushing them thoroughly. If there are any tangles, then brush your hair with a wide-tooth comb until it’s untangled.
After which, apply some oil to the length of your locks and let it sit for at least thirty minutes. This will make your hair a bit thicker which will make shaving it easier. Once the oil has been applied, then wash your hair and let it dry naturally.
After doing the above steps, your scalp should be fully moisturized plus you’ll have an easier time cutting through your hair.
Electric Head Shaver FAQs
Is Cordless better than Corded?
Cordless shavers have a great advantage over corded shavers. You can use them anywhere and anytime you want plus they are lightweight and portable.
However, they do not give as close of abrasion as compared to their corded counterparts which are why most people still prefer using the traditional razors or safety or straight razors.
Do I need other tools?
You don’t need other tools to help you cut your hair but having them will make shaving your head much easier.
Good shaving cream is a must-have for most people because, without it, you won’t be able to achieve the overall smoothness that can only be done by applying some cream to your scalp. A good shaving brush is also necessary to produce the creamy lather that you need.
Does shaving make hair grow back thicker or darker?
Shaving does not make your hair grow back any coarser than normal, nor does it make them darker. Hair pigmentation comes from our genes which is why some people have dark hair while others don’t.
How often should you shave your head?
You can shave your head as often as you want because it won’t make your hair come back thicker or darker. Some men shave their heads daily while others only do so once in three days to a week. It also depends on how fast the hair grows and if you’re using any chemicals to help with the process.
How long should it take to shave your head?
It will depend on how fast or thick your hair is. It can also be affected by the type of shaver you’re using so if you want a precision cut, then make sure that you use a high-quality head shaver. Cutting your hair between 10 to 15 minutes is both ideal and advisable so you don’t cut too much hair accidentally.
What happens if I cut my skin while shaving?
First, stop shaving the area that you have just injured. Rinse it thoroughly with water and apply a small amount of antiseptic cream to prevent infections from occurring.
Second, clean your shaver with running water to get rid of any tiny bits of skin or strands. Make sure that your shaver is completely dry before putting it away for storage.
Third, store your head shaver in a cool and dry place to prevent rusting and other forms of damage. Lastly, wrap the entire shaver up in a plastic bag so you won’t have to deal with handling it while still wet.
If the cut is bleeding heavily, then cover it with a piece of gauze or any clean cloth and apply pressure on the area until the bleeding stops.
Do you need shaving cream for an electric razor?
For most electric shavers, you do not need to apply shaving cream beforehand. You should only apply it if you want to achieve a closer shave because the hair needs to soften up for this process to be done smoothly.