The electric razor is a technological advancement that helps people get rid of those pesky and troublesome hairs by the root. No more getting shaving cuts because you’re too impatient to wait for your hair to grow long enough to give yourself a nice clean shave.
You can simply use your electric shaver and it will cut off that hair as close as you want them. With all these benefits, there are still some people that prefer to use the traditional blade which might be due to their reluctance with something that appears new or they just have no idea how an electric shaver works – but if you’re reading this article then I’m sure you’re not one of them!
Now there are different types of razors out there and choosing one can be a daunting task. Some come with different features like the pivoting head, curved blades, and comfort trimmer, and there are also those razors that don’t have all these special features but simply do the job of cutting hairs – this article will focus on electric shavers that belong to the second type.
There are mainly three types of electric shavers: foil razors, rotary razors, and clippers. Although they’re not exactly similar, they provide an almost similar experience in terms of shaving – both clipper and foil razors work by lifting your hair before slicing it off as close as possible to your skin while rotary shavers use spinning heads that gently cut even the shortest hair.
Why you should use an electric razor?
Electric razors are very easy to use and it gives you a clean and close shave without the possibility of getting cuts or nicks. You can even use them at night since they do not produce too much noise so it will not keep your partner up as well.
There is less skin irritation because there is no additional pressure needed with electric shavers – simply glide the device over the skin and let the blades do their job! And most importantly, we men need to trim our facial hairs at least once a week for that clean face look – an electric razor helps us with that also!
Best electric razor for first-time shavers
#1 Panasonic ES8103S Arc3 Men’s Electric Razor
The Panasonic ES8103S Arc3 is a good choice for men who are looking for a high-quality electric shaver that provides a clean and close shave – without burning a hole in your wallet.
It has the world-famous brand name of Panasonic, which speaks for itself because it has been around since 1918! The features included will allow you to get rid of all those hairs from your face easily and quickly even if they grow longer because it comes with a multi-fit arc foil, Nanotech blades that can last up to 10x longer than other razors, and 30-degree inner blades that provide an extremely close shave while being gentle on the skin.
It also has a pop-up trimmer so you can maintain your sideburns or mustache without much trouble.
The blades are made with hypoallergenic stainless steel and this electric razor is 100% washable so you can simply wash it under the faucet and let it dry – which is good because we’re men and we don’t have time for unnecessary things like cleaning our razors! It also comes with a travel pouch and a travel lock feature, just in case you would want to bring your shaver anywhere.
Feature to Benefit
• Cuts hair quickly and easily.
• Comes with a close shave capability.
• The world-famous Panasonic brand name.
• Economical heating
• Durable in coastal climates
• Corrosion resistant
#2 Braun Series 9 9090cc Electric Razor
Braun has been around since 1921 and they specialize in designing high-quality devices for men such as their electric shavers. They release new models each year to provide the latest technology possible but one of their most popular products is still the Braun Series 9 9090cc Electric Razor.
It is a wet or dry razor which means you can use it on your face while having a shower or simply shaving in front of the mirror – this electric shaver makes your life easier!
It has an 8-D contour adaptation, flexible head, intelligent sonic technology that automatically increases power when needed and if you forgot to charge it before leaving then there’s no need to worry because it has a 5-minute quick charge feature.
And talking about charging, if fully charged you can enjoy up to 50 minutes of cordless shaving! This electric shaver will provide an extremely close shave thanks to its’ SyncroSonic technology and its’ 3 specialized trimmers will take care of all the hairs on your face!
Feature to Benefit
• Use it wet or dry, perfect for all types of faces.
• 8-D contour adaptation, flexible head, intelligent sonic technology.
• Save time by automating your shave routine.
#3 Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 Electric Razor
The Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 is an extremely popular electric shaver that has the most advanced shaving system available – it features 5 blades with ultra-sharp, stainless steel foils that lift hair before cutting them off for a smoother result.
It also comes with 14,000 cuts per minute linear motors so you can enjoy an extremely close shave without irritating or damaging your skin. It’s 100% waterproof and can be used both wet or dry!
You can choose between 9 different personalized modes to suit any need – one of them should fit you perfectly! It also comes with a travel pouch and shut off after 1 hour of inactivity feature to save battery life.
The Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 is a bit more expensive than other products on this list but it has been rated as one of the best electric razors available online and thousands of men have given positive reviews about it – so check out what they have to say!
Feature to Benefit
• Super close shave in under a minute
• 100% waterproof and can be used wet or dry for total convenience
• Sleek design is easy to use and maintain
• 14,000 cuts per minute will leave you feeling smooth and fresh
#4 Braun Series 7 7865cc Electric Razor
The Braun Series 7 7865cc Electric Razor is another great product from Braun which provides a close shave thanks to its’ intelligent SyncroSonic technology which adapts to your hair density and speed while shaving. Because of that, this razor won’t pull or tug at hairs during the process – therefore reducing irritation and burning sensation on your skin.
It can be used both wet and dry and has a flexible shaving head that follows the contours of your face – it will be able to remove short and long hairs with ease. It comes with a 1-hour charge feature allowing you to enjoy 45 minutes of usage after only an hour of charging which is great if you need to quickly shave before going somewhere or simply don’t have time for a full recharge.
And besides providing a close shave, this electric razor also looks pretty sleek – there are 3 trimmers on either side as well as 5 different modes that can be easily selected by pressing a button.
Feature to Benefit
• Provides a close shave without irritating skin.
• Flexible shaving head for hassle-free shaving.
• 1-hour charge feature.
#5 Remington F5-5800 Rechargeable Foil Shaver
The Remington F5-5800 is one of the products available at a budget-friendly price – it might not have as many features as others from this list but it can provide a close shave thanks to its’ four ultra-sharp, titanium coated blades.
It will be perfect for those who are looking for a cheap electric shaver that can provide quick results. The Remington F5-5800 has a one-hour charge time and an LED battery indicator which lets you know if the device needs to be recharged or if it’s ready to use.
It’s 100% waterproof and comes with a pop-up trimmer so you won’t have any trouble with sideburns and mustaches!
Feature to Benefit
• All the features you need from a basic electric shaver
• 100% waterproof and includes a pop-up trimmer.
The Remington F5-5800 Rechargeable Foil Shaver is great for quick, cheap solutions to unwanted hair. The Braun Series 7 7865cc Electric Razor has more features and will provide a closer shave but it’s also slightly more expensive – so the main decision you need to make is how important features are to you and what your budget is looks like.
What features to look for before buying an electric razor the first time?
If you are looking for your first electric shaver, then some features might not be available in cheaper models simply because the price of more advanced products is higher. So this may be a concern but don’t worry, most razors on the market will provide great results if used properly.
Here’s what to look at before buying an electric razor:
1. Rotary vs foil shaving head – Foil shaving heads simply cover less area than rotary shaving heads so if you have facial hair covering large portions of your face it might take longer to shave with a foil type of razor. A rotary electric shaver can easily reach any part of your face and this means you won’t need much time when it comes to shaving.
2. Corded/cordless – The best part of electric razors is that they are cordless – this makes them extremely portable and easy to use because you won’t have long, annoying cords getting in your way when you shave. However, some models can only be used corded which means you will need an outlet nearby to use it properly. So if convenience is important for you, then always go with a model that has a removable battery so you can charge it later without having the device plugged in the outlet the entire time.
3. Wet/dry – Is it necessary? Not exactly but if this feature is available, then it means the razor can be used in wet conditions without any issues. This is great because you will be able to use shaving cream, gels and even take a shower when using your electric shaver for men!
4. Pop-up trimmer – This feature is extremely helpful when it comes to sideburns and mustaches – if your razor doesn’t come with this option then just lookout for one that has skin-friendly precision trimmers so you can easily trim your sideburns and mustache without having irritating skin.
5. Cleaning station – Some electric shavers come with cleaning stations which means they require less maintenance than other models – all you need to do is place the device in the station after you are done shaving and let it clean itself! It’s a great feature especially if your razor is cordless because most require manual cleaning.
Why Teens Need To Use Electric Shavers
So why exactly do teens need to use electric shavers? There are plenty of reasons for this. First of all, teens want to look good at all times! And you can’t always have a nice haircut because most schools don’t allow it… not only that but they also require you to be clean at all times.
Teens are always on the go and will usually go days without even taking a shower so having an electric razor for men is extremely helpful in such situations. Not only that but if you decide to grow out your facial hair – it’s much easier to maintain with an electronic shaver than shaving with other methods.
Is an automatic cleaning station necessary?
Not necessary, but it’s a nice feature to have when you own an electric razor for men! The cleaning station is a device in itself. It cleans, charges, and lubricates your shaver so, in the end, it ensures that your electric razor for men will remain clean and functional even after weeks of usage. You don’t need to clean your shaver manually because this machine does all the work by itself – cleaning, charging, and lubricating at the same time.
Simple tips to get the most out of your shaver
– Always go with a model that has a pop-up trimmer, this way you won’t have to clean your sideburns and mustache manually.
– If you don’t want to buy a cleaning station, then simply take the time to rinse your shaver under running water after every use. This will ensure it remains clean and functional for years!
– Don’t wash your razor with water when it’s plugged in – only do this if the cord is removable otherwise you risk making the device malfunction. Not only that but never take apart your electric razor because you can damage many components.
To keep things short, always look out for models that come with an automatic cleaning station this means they require less maintenance and will save you a lot of time in the long run. On top of that, don’t forget to rinse your shaver under running water after every use and never take it apart because you can damage many components.
Did this article help you out? Share with your friends!
At what age do boys start shaving?
Most boys start shaving at the age of 15-16 years of age. However, some do it as young as 13 and others around 18-19 years old.
Teens have a lot going on in their lives so for this specific reason you shouldn’t be too hard on them if they haven’t started shaving just yet! There is plenty of time to teach them the proper shaving techniques. So at this point, they might as well enjoy their youth and not be bothered with having to shave every morning.
How do I clean my razor?
Since most modern models are waterproof, all you need to do is rinse the device under running water once you are done shaving – this way you’ll be able to remove all the hair and foam that accumulates on the blades.
Can electric razors cause acne?
There are many models out there so we can’t answer this question specifically. However, in most cases electric razors do not have any effect on your skin whatsoever – most older men will say electric razors cause acne but this is not true.
If you want to make sure, simply try using an electric shaver on a small area on your face, and if everything goes okay then we suggest sticking with it!
Can boys should shave pubic hair?
Yes of course! You can shave any type of hair on your body and it doesn’t matter if you want to do so in the shower or not – this is truly up to you.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.!