Hairstyling is a common problem with black women. The lack of knowledge on the best way to style their hair leads to some problematic scenarios in their lives. For example, most black women tend to believe that natural hair is not beautiful and therefore are constantly combing it out just to have straight healthy-looking hair.
However, continuous use of heat has shown its negative effects even though people would prefer damaging their hair rather than suffer from shrinkage or nappiness.
The result is a lot of women going through the problems associated with straightening their hair every day. This can lead to serious scalp problems and may even make your hair fall out.
Other black women believe that having natural black hair is beautiful, but this doesn’t stop them from combing it out resulting in dry or brittle hair.
The solution to these two scenarios is the electric hot comb for black hair :
The electric hot comb helps you style your natural black without fear of damaging your scalp or causing excessive dryness or brittleness.
On top of that, you can achieve a great look using minimal time and energy which leaves you fresh to go about your normal routine throughout the day. It also ensures long-lasting healthy looking hair as well as makes it possible to style your hair any way you want.
However, there are so many options out there that choosing the best electric hot comb becomes quite a challenge.
This buying guide is designed to help you with that by providing top reviews of the five best hot combs for black hair as well as offering some advice on how to go about getting one for yourself.
- QRedew Hand-Held Salon Hair Steamer for Hair
The QRedew is the best hot comb for black hair because of its ability to provide you with fast results all while ensuring that your hair stays healthy and strong.
It is a must-have salon-quality hair steamer. It can be used to safely and without damage moisturize, reshape, detangle, restyle, stretch, hydrate, deep condition curly natural hair. Use steam to relax your mind and body while relieving the aches and pains of stress.
The Q-Redew handheld hair steamer has been updated with a new design that allows you to choose from 6 different heat settings including an adjustable temperature setting that lets you customize the perfect heat you need for your hair.
With the QRedew, it is possible to achieve super-fast results in a matter of minutes because all you need to do is comb through sections of your dry hair using the steamer and then wait for about 20 minutes for your hair to be ready.
It’s small enough to be carried around in a purse or even pocket making it very convenient for people on the go. The steam coming out of the tool provides moisture to your hair thus preventing dryness while straightening.
It also does not lead to excessive tangles like other methods (e.g., blow-drying), which makes it an exceptional choice especially when you are on the go, but still want perfectly styled hair.
The steam also works as a great styling agent as it makes your hair manageable and easier to straighten/style.
Feature to Benefit
• Detangling hair is easier.
• Eliminates breakage of hair when combing through wet hair.
• Ample amount of steam per minute for curly, coily, kinky, and wavy types of locks.
• Portable usage is convenient. Handheld design works with traditional hairstyling tools.
- Infiniti Pro By Conair Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron
The Infiniti Pro is the best electric hot comb for black hair because of its performance. It can straighten even the thickest hair without breaking, pulling, or snagging it.
The Infiniti Pro by Conair Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron features 30 heat settings, extra-long floating plates, and advanced ceramic technology.
This flat iron heats up to 455°F and has a true ceramic heater that creates beachy waves or sleek styles. The 15-second heat-up allows for quick styling with high performance.
It heats up fast and has a digital temperature display thus making it easy to adjust accordingly depending on your hair type.
Its lightweight nature also makes it very easy to use especially when compared to other tools that may take forever trying to get in a comfortable position to style/straighten your hair.
Feature to Benefit
• There are 30 heat settings to curl your hair perfectly
• It heats up fast and won’t get hot enough to damage the hair
• Ceramic technology creates shiny beachy waves in seconds
• The True Ceramic Heater locks in more than just style, it locks in moisture.
- Apalus Brushless Motor Hair Straightener
The Apalus is the best hair straightener for black hair as it helps you achieve a salon-quality sleek look without involving too much effort.
Apalus brushless motor hair straightener is a new product that has been released by Apalus. It’s the best hair straightening tool for you to have a beautiful and healthy hairstyle. With its advanced technology, it can help you get rid of frizzy, curly, and unruly hair in just minutes.
Apalus hair straightener is a revolutionary product that will change the way you style your hair. It heats up fast and maintains a constant temperature of 365℉, so it’s perfect for any type of hair.
It has adjustable temperature control from 410℉ to 450℉, allowing you to choose the ideal temperature for your specific needs.
The Apalus Brushless Motor Hair Straightener also features a digital display with a timer that shows you how long you have been using it, helping you keep track of how much time you’ve spent styling your
It heats up and plateaus at 185 degrees (Fahrenheit) which makes it great for most types of hair, but may not be that great for very thick or coarse hair. It also has an LCD screen which allows you to easily monitor the temperature so that you don’t overheat your hair.
Feature to Benefit
• The Apalus hair straightener keeps heat constant and is not too hot for sensitive scalps.
• With just one setting, it can cater to all hair types.
• It has auto shut-off protection in case of overuse.
• Constant heat, safer for hair.
• Messaging tip less than 125℉.
- Amika – The Autopilot 3-in-1 Rotating Curling Iron, Signature Pink, 0.3 Fl oz.
The Amika is the best hot comb for curly hair and black hair because of its ability to give you a natural-looking defined curl.
The Amika Autopilot 3-in-1 Rotating Curling Iron allows you to achieve a variety of different curl sizes.
It has variable heat controls that allow you to adjust the temperature from low to high as well as choose from five different rotation settings ranging from small, tight corkscrews to loose waves.
This curling iron distributes heat evenly throughout your hair, allowing you to effortlessly curl your hair without worrying about overheating or under-drying your locks.
The Amika Autopilot hair straightener is the most advanced ceramic hair straightening tool on the market. It features Far-Infrared Ceramic technology, which allows for quicker heat-up time and greater durability.
It’s also safe to use on all hair types, including color-treated hair. With its innovative design, it will allow you to create smooth, shiny straight locks in no time!
With this revolutionary product, you can forget about frizzy curls or waves that are hard to tame.
Feature to Benefit
• It is the fastest 3-in-1 device on the market
• How many hours will it take you to curl your hair? Amika does this in minutes.
• Doesn’t matter if your hair is fine or coarse, curly or wavy – all types are easy with Amika
• If you’re looking for a 3-in-1 styling tool, look no further.
- Sultra Bombshell Flat Iron For Black Hair
Just like other flat irons, the Sultra Bombshell can be used either when dry or wet; this makes it very versatile and great for people who want their hair to look great at all times.
It heats up very fast and has a comfortable grip which makes it easy to use especially when styling your hair.
The plates are made of titanium which is unspeakably durable ensuring that your straightener lasts for as long as possible without having to be replaced. It also comes with a swivel cord so you don’t have to worry about the cable getting tangled during usage.
Feature to Benefit
• Curl your hair with one product.
• Advanced Ceramic Technology means extreme temperature stability.
• WRAP method for more curls and waves.
• Leaves hair smooth, healthy, frizz-free.
So, what’s the best hot comb for black hair? Well, it turns out that there are many different types of combs. The type you choose will depend on your personal needs and how much time you want to spend styling each morning.
You can use a straightener if you have curly or wavy hair but don’t think it’ll work as well on short natural styles because they’re not meant for long waves and curls. However, some people love using them in conjunction with their favorite curling iron!
And while we’ve tried all of these products ourselves, we recommend researching more before making any final decisions so that the next time someone asks “What is the best electric hot comb?” Your answer will be perfect!
What to look for before buying the electric hot comb for black hair?
Here are the features to look out for before placing your order:
• Temperature Control: The control of heat is very important in an electric tool because we need to keep a control on temperature.
Many of the combs are available in different temperature control settings.
• Auto Shut Off: It is very important to have an automatic shut-off feature on any electric appliance that will avoid accidents. Many of the hot battery-operated hair straighteners for black hair come with this feature.
• Free Bottle of Precious Oil: Hot oil treatments are meant to be done before every hair wash, but they are really expensive and time-consuming.
Some companies give a free bottle of precious oil along with their product which can be used according to your convenience and need since these oils generally make all types of frizz and dryness vanish from your head!
• Price: Of course price is a factor while buying any product; however, due to the number of different brands available price varies.
Always go for whatever is in your budget, but also remember that being expensive doesn’t always mean a good product! Some cheap options are just awesome and better than some ridiculously priced products.
Types Of Hot Combs For black hair
Today the market offers various models of hot combs for black hair, but you will find three types:
- Wavelength Combs
The wavelength comb emits infrared heat, which penetrates deeper into the hair shaft giving more effective results with less damage to your hair. This type of comb is not suitable for all hair types! So people having thin and fine hair should avoid this type as it may cause severe damage to their precious tresses.
- Infrared Radiation (IR) Comb
You can find these types in almost every high-end brand”s catalog; it generates negative ions which emit far-infrared heat. The product can generate negative ions that emit infrared heat which penetrates your hair shafts for less damage and extra shine! Ionic combs are suitable for all types of hair.
- Ceramic Combs
This type emits some sort of infrared heat, but the exact method is yet to be known, some say it emits some rays while others say it generates negative ions which emit far-infrared heat exactly like an ionic comb.
Unlike ordinary hot combs ceramic combs never apply direct heat on your head, they only provide the required amount of warmth that you will need during styling. Ceramic combs are best suited for African American hair types as the results are highly long with minimum risk of damage or burn.
Now you are aware of the types available, it’s time to know about some brands that offer just an amazing product!
How to use an electric hot comb (pressing comb) properly
Before we start with the list of some top brands that offer great hot combs for black hair we would like to tell you a few tips on how to use your comb as well as how to avoid any possible damage or burn.
Carry out all necessary research before buying a hot comb, because if you have an idea about what kind of product will suit your needs and requirements you can drastically reduce the risk of buying the wrong item.
Now let’s get down to business!
• Always remember that hot combs are very dangerous and using them without proper precaution is not only harmful but also stupid. It is best advised not to use these tools unless it is under someone”s supervision knows what they’re doing.
• Use a heat protectant for your hair before styling with the hot comb.
• Always use the comb on its lowest setting before increasing the temperature gradually.
• Don’t press it against your scalp! It can cause severe damage to the sensitive skin of the head and even allow bacteria to enter if not cleaned properly. Keep in mind that you may need to clean your tool after each use, but make sure no water enters into it while doing so!
• If you have very thick or long hair then cutting a few inches off will help a lot in avoiding any kind of accident, because longer hair has higher chances of being caught in between combs teeth resulting in serious injury.
• Never leave the tool unattended while it is turned on and always store it in a cool and dry place.
Are electric hot combs good?
Yes, electric hot combs are very much efficient. Some of the top brands such as AsaVea and CAT offer great hot combs for black hair which are not expensive, so if you want an effective product with great results it is time to throw away your old plastic pressing comb and get a quality product that will serve your needs.
Are hot combs better than flat irons?
Well, it is a matter of personal preference! It is advised to go through some reviews before deciding on anything. Flat irons can be expensive and if you are not serious enough about your hair then it might cost you dearly in the future. It is best advised to use any of these tools on wet hair as they give more effective and long-lasting results than styling on dry hair.
Can you use an electric hot comb on Caucasian hair?
Yes, you can use an electric hot comb on all types of hair. The only thing that must be kept in mind is that if your hair is processed with bleach or low-quality colorant it may harm the scalp. It is advised to wash and deep condition your hair before styling with a hot comb.
Can you put a hot comb on the electric stove?
No, it is not recommended to put an electric hot comb on the stove or any other kind of direct heat. If you are not using the product then you must keep it in a cool and dry place to avoid any kind of damage.