Have you heard about Augmented Reality Glasses?
Nowadays, everyone’s talking about effective Augmented Reality Glasses. So those who are unaware from AR, I am going to tell you what AR is? Augmented Reality Glasses are changing the way to outlook the world and help its users in a way to see the formation. You can picture yourself by walking or driving down the street. And Developers of different brands from around the world have been trying to produce their individual Augmented Reality glasses. Augmented reality is still in its beginning, and the creators are still determined to improve them for everyday customer use.
Best Augmented Reality Glasses 2019
Now have a look at the best AR glasses for 2019. If you want to take a dip into this fresh technology, try out one of these products. Every AR smart glass is chosen by our professional reviewers. Some of them were already out while others are in development.
But before we list them down, a reader on Augmented Reality and its likely. From applications to smart glasses, we review the top 10 Augmented Reality Glasses of 2019. If we have left out any famous one, feel free to add it in the comments section.
Top 10 Best AR Glasses 2019
[table id=5 /]
N/A : Specification Not Available.
1. Google Glass :
Best Augmented Reality Smart Glass 2019
One of the best augmented reality headset that
you have not seen before it is known as Google Glass comes with a tiny head attached display, where you can see a number of covered information screens over your daily life like the weather, missed calls, current events, even turn-based navigation based on your smartphone’s GPS. The Google Glass’ battery continues about a day for common use like you’re snapping pictures and shooting videos with your eyewear.
The new first version Google Glass was for first adopters and Android fans. It is considered to be one of the Best Augmented Reality Glass of 2019.
Availability: Google Glass costs much heavy, those who can manage their pockets should buy. It is now available in the e-commerce markets. Google isn’t selling Google Glass at the current moment. The company is alternative the wearable within to make it more appealing to customers.
Specifications and features:
- 5MP camera with 720p video
- 11 b/g Wi-Fi
- Storage of 12GB usable memory
- Basically a computer, you wear on your head
- Outstanding quality workings, has easy to follow instructions for using the features, feels relaxed enough for long term use
- Battery life isn’t going to last long if recording videos
- Price is too costly
Best Value Product 2019
Vuzix M-100 is a smart glass that will help in communicating information straight to you from a wearable monocular display. It also comes with direct on board processing features plus a camera to help it capture and display augmented reality.
Vuzix M-100 smart glasses is based on Android, it is well-matched with thousands of Android applications
The glasses also come with a few apps pre-installed, including an audio recorder, camera, photo gallery app and eyesight based bar code scanner. You can control your behavior by speaking to the glasses themselves, beating hardware keys on the glasses’ side, by using your Android phone as a practical mouse and console for the smart sunglasses.
Those who don’t mind a large, dorky control box strapped to the side of your face. Medical representative can use this device and actually is attached to a pair of glasses instead of what otherwise looks like security goggles.
Specifications and features
- 5MP camera
- 1080p video
- 11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- 6 hours of battery life
- 4GB internal memory
- Built-in GPS
Availability: The M100 Smart Glasses are currently available from Vuzix as well as at other e-commerce market.
- Can manage thousands of applications
- Difficult to use
- Low Connectivity
3.ORA-1: This smart glass is Screen Movable
The ORA-1 is the most complete and authoritative, Smart glasses developer stage available today that permits hands-free mobile AR practices. The Ora-1 has a little screen that enlarges your dream, along with a built in camera that you can use to instant pictures and video.
The more unique bit about the Ora-1 is that the screen can move. Optivent calls by this name “Flip-Vu,” that means by which you can have an augmented reality thing sit in the center of your field of vision whenever you want it to. You will get updates in the corner of your vision, not the center.
Photochromic lens shift between rich and darkened whenever they’re out in the sun, which is a good feature. The Ora-1 smart glasses can function as separate Android devices. Android applications can run locally on the device, thus removing the need to keep your glasses balancing with your smartphone all the time.
Designers is likely going to make some sizable changes in the consumer score version of the hardware.
Specifications and features
- 5MP camera
- 1080p video recording
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- 4GB internal memory
- Ambient light device
- Photochromic lenses
Availability: Now Ora-1 is available and affordable that you have to be preorder now.
- Advanced Resolution
- Power insufficiency
4. Espon Moverio BT-200: Best for watching HD & 3D content
The Moverio BT-200 is an augmented reality glasses with headset capable of watching HD contents and it is 3D supported. It is packed complete with technology, allowing you to make the most of Augmented Reality (AR) apps or watch HD and 3D content in your home. It also recovers your augmented reality experience when using AR related apps. More augmented reality glasses, instead of being wireless, it wants to be connected to an Android based device at all intervals.
This headset comes with a front facing camera, a signal sensor, a built in Dolby Digital Plus for sound, GPS, microphone, compass and projectors. It works by projecting descriptions at willpower of 960×540 to the transparent glasses, allowing you to watch videos, play games, and navigate and sufficiently more without losing the vision of the physical world.
The BT-200 runs on Android, giving you the ability to access loads of apps through the Moverio Apps Market, determined by a sturdy developer public? It is affordable, binocular, see-through, smart glasses on the market, the BT-200 solve the power of AR for customers and trades.
Features and Specification
- Built in camera, gyroscope, GPS
- Stylish BT-200 is 60% brighter, half the sizes are more relaxed
- Multi-touch track pad
- 8GB inner memory
- 2GHz dual core processor
Availability:BT-200 is now available in the market.
- Touch pad is cool to navigate
- Not perfectly well developed design
- Not value the money
gaming will be imagined, liquid and ubiquitous, in a very actual sense of that word.
5.Vuzix Wrap 310XL :
Price Winner Smart Glass
The Vuzix Wrap 310XL widescreen video Wear eyewear glasses should be on top of your shopping list. This wonderful invention lets you watch your beloved movies on the go and on the big screen too. They are video glasses in a widescreen 16:9 format that can play both 2D and 3D videos.
The level of ingenuity and performance ensures that you get picture perfect quality all the time. The Wrap design gives you a widescreen effect, so you can watch movies from your iPhone or iPod and feel like you are at the movies.
This eyewear glasses package includes an iPhone/iPod connector cable that makes it easy for you to play your movies and videos. The design is so calm that you look great as you enjoy your movie. Additionally, you can get them in a number of cool colors so you are both stylish and tech. If you wear glasses for visual impairment, then you may actually be able to use the Wrap with your prescription glasses if they are the very small design. If you wear large glasses then you may take them off and adjust the view using the +2/-5 diopter provided.
Specification and Features
- Twin high tenacity 428 x 240 LCD widescreen displays
- 24 bit true color
- 10 hours use from a single AA lithium battery
- Video zoom mode
Availability: Vuzix Wrap is now available in the market.
- Great for placements
- Very cheap compare to other AR.
- You can see the pixels on the screen
Beginner’s Friendly AR
Featuring a headset with micro-projection technology and a compact Android-powered controller, Moverio allows you to privately view video, experience side-by-side 3D content, play games and enjoy content on a “floating” see-through display projected into your environment. Moverio’s innovative see-through viewing technology, you can stay connected to the world while enjoying your content in private.
- Android-based controller
- 4GB microSD HC memory card
- Lens shade
- Immersive 3D
- Great sound
- 6 hours of rechargeable battery life
- Great bright TV functionality
- 3D without the want of a glimmer
- Does not only goal on 3D abilities
7. Moverio BT-300 : Smart glasses with superior transparency for augmented reality
With model type Si-OLED (Silicon-Organic Light-Emitting Diode), this quad-core Intel Atom X5 processor, Android 5.1, power supply voltage 5 V/900 mA and Micro USB terminal provides you the best AR smart glass features available on the market.
Its battery lasts for about 6 hours and the display tech used is OLED, which means that the display will disappear completely when not in use because these glasses have their displays right in the middle of your vision, they can project digital images on top of reality. This means you can get contextual data about an item right in your field of view. Also, you can run any Android app on this device. While there is no access to the Play Store, you can side load apps onto it.
Its Epson Moverio glasses can scan real world items such as a QR code to bring up relevant information right on top of the QR code itself. AR (augmented reality) can also be useful for other technological activities – such as flying a compatible drone in first person view, viewing virtual blueprints, or just casually watching Netflix.
It provides you with best and the most easy control methods. There are 2 ways to control these smart glasses – either through head movements or with a wired controller. Most of the controlling will be done through the wired touchpad. These are mainly meant for businesses – possibly museums, engineering firms, or designers. These are clearly smart glasses, and even from a distance it will easily be able to tell. The camera on the right side will mean that you won’t be able to wear these glasses everywhere, and in public you’ll get more than a few strange looks.
Specifications and features
- It comes with Bluetooth Version 4.1&
- Bluetooth Profiles HSP /A2DP/HID/OPP/SPP/AVRCP/PAN
- Wi-Fi is also available.
- The frequency range is 2.4 GHz.
- It works on Android 5.1 platform.
- The battery is composed of Lithium polymer.
- Battery Capacity is 2950 mAh which can lasts up to 6 hours.
- 1x micro-USB, port and Connector available.
- Compass, Gyroscope and Accelometer is present within headset and controller.
This Moverio BT-300 is the third iteration of the company’s smart eyeglass lineup. It comes with a new lightweight form factor – 20% lighter than the BT-200 range – that has a ‘Google’ feel and is equipped with an OLED display, which projects an image in front of the eyes that feels around 80 inches in size. You can get it under $800 only at various e-commerce sites.
- It is very light and has comfortable fit.
- It is very easy to wear, even for an extended period of time.
- It provides you with an excellent visibility.
- It maintains clear line of sight.
- Its transparent display allows drone pilots to see key flight statistics, while maintaining visual line of sight with the aircraft.
- Light weight, bright and of high resolution.
- Only up to 32G micro SD card available and the 4K clips recorded by Mavic can’t be played directly in BT-300.
- The system is fairly unusable for people who use prescription glasses because of the optics design, the viewing eyebox becomes quite small which really limits your ability to see the full screen.
- They really need to add gesture based keyboard entry.
8.Microsoft HoloLens AR Headset: Expensive yet “AWESOME”
Firstly, what is hololens? As many of the users might find difficult in getting the central idea of the technology used behind this!
So, the HoloLens are mixed reality smart glasses developed and manufactured by Microsoft that gained popularity for being one of the first computers running the Windows Mixed Reality platform under the Windows 10 operating system. It uses one-tenth of the power and has a field of view equivalent to a 15-inch screen. The depth camera is what HoloLens uses to “see” and understand your environment.
So they can figure out where your desk is and which hand you’re holding out for gestures. It also helps you to track your head movements with help from other sensors on the device.
Microsoft HoloLens enables you to make decisions more confidently, work more effectively, and bring ideas to life before your eyes. It perceptively maps your room and mixes holograms with the environment around you. As per your convenience, you can pin holograms to locations wherever you want to.
You can also interact with the system to create and shape holograms with gestures. Also, you can communicate with apps using your voice and navigate through it. You will feel beyond what a 2D and 3D render can do by working in three dimensions. You will be able to pin holograms to physical objects and can size and scale them in real time.
Through this users can interact with Holograms to learn new things. Its multiple perspectives can be used to share your ideas by showing it through Microsoft HoloLens. Two of the newest experiences are HoloGuide and HoloHear. HoloGuide will, well, guide you through low visibility areas while HoloHear can instantly translate speech into sign language for deaf people. Microsoft is going full AR with virtual 3D models of objects that can either appear as part of your real surroundings or combine with reality to make up entirely new ones.
Microsoft HoloLens devices started shipping in 2016 to the developers in the United States and Canada. The Development Edition of HoloLens costs you $3,000 while the Commercial Suite costs you $5,000. You can buy up to five headsets per Microsoft account. Microsoft has skipped over releasing a second generation HoloLens to instead focus on the third-generation model, which will arrive in 2019.
Specifications and features
- It offers you an excellent battery life of about 2-3 hours of active use and is passively cooled without any fans.
- Also, up to 2 weeks of standby time and is fully functional when charging.
- Custom-built Microsoft Holographic Processing Unit (HPU 1.0)
- Built-in Speakers with audio 3.5 mm jack, volume and brightness up/down facility.
- Automatic pupillary distance calibration.
- 4 environment understanding cameras available.
- Human Understanding spatial sound, gaze tracking and gesture input voice support also there.
- Designed for comfort. So, the headset is highly adjustable and the weight shouldn’t be on the bridge of your nose.
- Power and grace.
- Built-in speakers are there.
- Also. Equipped with spatial sound and sensor fusion.
- Custom holographic processing unit present.
- Offers you advanced optics.
- No wires, No Screens, No Buttons, just transparent lenses are there by which you can interact freely with holograms without losing sight of your world.
- Very costly compared to other AR smart glasses present in the market.
- A narrow field of view.
- You may find it difficult to operate.
- Mild eye fatigue may be observed if operated for a very long term continuously.
9. Optinvent Ora-2 : Professional Smart Glasses
This Optinvent ORA-2 is the best augmented reality based smart glass professionally and for wearable computing. It features a transparent retinal projection technology for a bright image display. The virtual screen of the ORA-2 has two configurations allowing both ‘augmented reality’ and ‘glance’ modes that allows the image to be either directly in the wearer’s field of view or just below it.
The ORA-2 is equipped with a dual core processor, camera, microphone, sound, sensors, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS and an excellent rechargeable battery. It is the most powerful smart glass platform for a truly unique and mobile computing experience.
It is Comfortable, ergonomic and portable. It enables hands free mobile operations and AR applications such as remote maintenance, logistics, situation awareness, and much more. It can run applications as a standalone wearable computer and can connect to the network via Wi-Fi and to any smart device via Bluetooth. It runs standard Android apps – just like any standalone Android smartphone or tablet Device.
With a front-facing 1080P 5 mega-pixel Camera, a 9-Axis motion sensor, wireless connectivity (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS) and a track pad for interaction with the device, this ORA-2 gives you a wonderful AR experience with a great battery life of 1200mAh (5hrs display on time).
Specifications and features
- It provides you display of full color landscape of 16:9.
- Ultra low noise microphone available.
- It’s a safety eyewear for you.
- Professional grade audio Codec sounding is there.
This Optinvent Ora-2 is the best smart glass headset under professional smart glasses. It is available on various e-commerce sites including Amazon for $799 only. With smartest technology, it is one of the lightest AR tech smart glasses one can get.
- It provides you the lightest weight design that makes its portability more comfortable.
- Very easy to read its display.
- Up and running immediately without any defer.
- It can run most standard Android programs.
- It provides good value for the current Android based Smart glass market.
- Also provides you with Ophthalmic Correction i.e. can be worn over most eyeglasses.
- Problems regarding occasional crashes of Optivent’s Desktop Manager, possibly related to bluetooth devices has been registered.
- It runs a relatively old version of Android.
- It is not convenient for left-handed or left-eye dominant users.
- The user manual is very short and delivered on folded A4 sheets, using a coloring scheme and font size that I had difficulty reading.
10. MG 5 Smart Glass AR :
Best AR Reading Glasses
The MG 5 is one of the best AR reading Glasses and the smallest gadget ever. With this enjoy a new smart world of AR technology. It offers you the biggest package of functionality. It has full control over your voice command. You can feel the convenience in operation by giving different instructions.
You can easily control it through wave commands. It lets you to directly and quickly handle your tasks. Also, there is multi touch panel with which you can experience the multi-touch technology, the touch panel of MG-5 can detect more than one contacting point at the same time.
There are 21 languages available for text translation and 7 languages for translating audio speech. It supports both text and voice input. Its MAD Gaze can perform live stream function, record in first person perspective and then can instantly share the vibrant moment with your friends.
It provides the regional information by GPS. The users can stay informed wherever they are and can search their destination with voice input and can get the suggested route with “Switch mode” their destination.
Specifications and features:
- HD lens and HD recording for capturing every moment of your life.
- It provides regional information by GPS; users can stay informed wherever they are.
- Texting can be done either by Bluetooth, keyboard or voice input.
- Strongest screen spec among all smart eyewear.
- The entire universe through this small cubic screen can be explored.
- It is a brand new smart world, biggest package of functionality in the smallest smart glass ever.
Availability: This MG-5 smart glasses headset runs Android OS, with wireless (Wi-Fi) and Bluetooth connectivity. It can connect with any application. Image recording, video playback or visual display functions are all ready for you. You can buy this at Amazon for $799.
- It is best known reading smart AR glasses.
- Highly portable and compatible.
- It is the smallest gadgets available with the strongest functions.
- It gives you high definition lenses and video recorder.
- It provides you hands-free operation.
- Battery life isn’t too long. It may suffer you.
- $1500 might be a huge amount to pay for many of the users.
AR Smart Glass Buyer’s Guide
As the industry grows and developer picks up skip, we are possible to see better products with a big influence on how we live and work. Before buying a Augmented Reality Glass, you must see above products shows the greatest promise which is showing its functioning and great applications so lets continue with our Augmented Reality Glass 2019 buying guide.
$mart glasses are the new ‘Cool’ gears on the market. Google Glass and Vuzix M100 are the two top names in the list of smart glasses. So, below you will find a comparison of the two devices hardware. Hope this will help you to choose your smart eye-wear.
Google Glass VS Vuzix M100
The technologists are amusing us with their mind blowing inventions very often lately. Definitely Augmented Reality is an addition to this. It, basically, enables superimposition of computer generated data onto our direct reality experience. It supplements the real with 3D objects to increase our current awareness of reality. The term Augmented Reality, was coined as early as 1990 by a former Boeing researcher Tom Caudell. But it made its appearance in the mobile applications in 2008. The field of AR applications, is expected to grow at a compounded annual growth rate of 95 percent. The AR market, which was valued to be USD 181.3 million in 2011 is expected to reach USD 5.2 billion in 2019. Many products from this sector are waiting to hit the market in 2019.
Since this is one area of technology you need to keep yourself updated with, we have given a detailed comparison of Google Glass and Vuzix M100.
Both of them have their own plus points over the other. Both are great devices of superior quality. What one needs to mainly consider while choosing between these two is the role it will play in your life, apart from economical constraints. One certain thing is that, both of them are worth every penny you will pay.
The Technology behind Augmented Reality?
Augmented reality short form is AR, it is a live, straight and indirect, actual world atmosphere whose basis is amplified by the computer generated sensual idea such as sound, video, graphics or GPS data. Augmented Reality Glasses add visuals, noises, haptic feedback and odor to the normal world as it survives. With AR, you are simply adding bits of virtual reality into the real reality. Augmented reality devices usually come in the form of smart glasses like Google Glass. You do not have to be linked to a PC to use them and since you are not zoned out totally you’ll be able to truly walk around and do activities, whereas experiencing 2 totally different realities; a sensible one and also the real one. Augmented reality is expected to have wide and far reaching applications in fields like medicine, retail, engineering and travel.
Now both video games and cell phones are dynamic the growth of augmented reality. With augmented-reality glasses the displays finally look much like a normal pair of glasses, educational graphics will appear. These enhancements will be comfortable, frequently to copy the activities of your head. There are a variety of drilling applications of augmented reality, devices that give you full-color “apps” like gloom; helmets that give you driving guidelines while you hit around on your motorcycle; glasses that provide statements; and visual systems which will build your fantasy motion-picture show dreams a realism.
How can you use Augmented Reality Glasses?
You can bring up an augmented reality glasses screen in front of you. And now bring up an image of a flower jug and make it sit on an actual table. Now create holograms that mixed in with actual objects around the room. Smart glasses are predictable to replace most separated products.
The Origin of Augmented Reality
The Real sighting of the Augmented Reality started in 2003
for which the Car Manufactures uses in their Vehicle Assistance Manuals allowing the technicians to get the idea of the Repair process how it looks in front of them.
But the real trend just started in 2014 when GOOGLE started first time the shipment for the well known as Google Glass as wearable AR.
Soon Investment starts reaching from 50M$ to 700M$ in 2015 and in 2016 the investment infograph seen was up to 1.1 billion $.
Thus the journey gets started and many companies have come together in launching their own Augmented Reality Smart Glasses by advancing it features.
Related to others Havethisbeast’s Guide’s: